Questions and Answers
These are some of the common questions I get asked, if you have a question but can't find the answer here please get in touch!
When and where is the class?
This is an online course, allowing you to start and complete it in your own time and at your own pace!
How much is the course and how do I sign up?
The course costs £250 and includes:
- access to all my secrets, I will be spilling my techniques, ideas, tips and lots of support and encouragement to get you painting.
- more than 15 videos shot in my studio, these will be tutorials, tips, techniques and follow along paintings.
- a series of creative prompts and challenges.
- downloadable tutorials you can revisit again and again.
- access to a online community around the world of everyone else taking the class, you will gain support and tips and ideas from the other students.
- I want to teach you all my techniques so you will gain confidence to paint and find your own style. You will soon develop your own way of painting and fall in love with painting. You'll also have lifetime access to the classroom.
To sign up for the course simply click here
What materials will I need?
Click here for a list of the materials you will need for the course . Please note that materials are not included in the cost of the course.
I've never painted before, will I be able to join in?
Absolutely! ..... this is designed to help you find the confidence to have a go, once you start, you will be hooked. I have been teaching for many years and everyone is always daunted or scared. Feeling overwhelmed by tips, rules, dont's, do's, how do I start? - I hopefully have found a way to help you come over all these obstacles - its designed for you to have fun and find painting relaxing and enjoyable.
How do I know if this course is for me?
This course is for you if you really want to have a go at painting. You will earn lots of techniques and I have designed step by step follow along tutorials so all you have to do is follow the instructions. As you gain confidence you can have a go at other subjects after learning all the basic techniques.
I’ve never done online class before. How does it work?
You will have lifetime access to work through the course material, so all you need is a little room and you can work on this is your own time. You'll receive an email every Friday with that weeks video tutorial and notes.
Will I be able to communicate with others during the course?
Yes, you will have access to a Private Facebook Community which I've set up you can chat with others, talk about how you're getting on and share images of your paintings. This space is open to all students, and will remain open after the course for everyone taking part to continue using. I'll also be joining in with the conversations from time to time.
How much physical space will I need?
I will be encouraging you to paint one large painting throughout the six weeks, I will be painting a canvas that is 60cm x 6-cm and i will also be painting on smaller canvases for tutorials.. You will need enough space to paint on the canvas and step away from time to time. The actual space itself can be anywhere — in your kitchen, spare room, garage, or even your garden. Just remember, this can be a messy process, so you’ll want to protect your floors - maybe with attic sheeting or a dust sheet.
How do I access the course material?
Once you sign up to the course you will receive an email with all the information you need.